Image:Nuffield Scholars in study [supplied]
With five days to go until applications for the 2022 Nuffield Scholarship close, we thought we’d give five reasons as to why receiving a scholarship now, may represent a quantum gain in benefits over previous years. So calling all potential Nuffield Scholars, here’s some more food for thought.
- There have never been so many of New Zealand’s best business leaders and innovators in the country at the same time.
There are a few silver linings to the global pandemic. One might be the number of influential people affiliated to innovation and the food and fibre sector, who have returned home. While their move may not be permanent, now is the time to meet and connect with them. Nuffield can help with that.
- With a programme that has adapted to the global pandemic, scholars currently have more flexibility, closer to home.
We face many challenges right now. So, being away from family, farm and work could be tough on some. As a result of the global pandemic restrictions, the programme has adapted successfully by adding a deeper local layer, along with virtual and global input.
- No matter what happens with regard to global travel, Scholarship recipients still receive $40,000 to conduct research.
Whether the borders open up or not in the short to medium term, the Scholarship funds are not adjusted. In a situation where the borders do open, your global travel component will continue, safely.
- Nuffield Scholars’ experiences and enhanced skillsets are increasingly in demand.
As the rate of change in food and fibre and beyond increases exponentially, Nuffield Scholars’ exposure to research, innovation and leadership development, means their knowledge is always needed in governance and industry.
- Scholars will be part of the new Value Chain Innovation Programme (VIP).
Two weeks’ immersion into more than ten of New Zealand’s established, novel and disruptive value chains.
The Value Chain Innovation Programme introduces Scholars to value chains beyond their own. It represents an opportunity to meet, draw ideas from and connect with people across many industries.
Thinking of launching a product, or adding another to a range? This is just one way the VIP can help.
Want to be part of this? Apply now.