Applications for the next Lincoln based course close Sunday, 14th November 2021
Kellogg applications are open to farmers, producers, growers and agribusiness professionals.
The application process is competitive, applicants are selected on their passion for community, ability to demonstrate effective decision making, commitment to the rural sector, potential, and aspirations to be a leader.
We would welcome an application from you if you meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and complete the application form.
- Participants for each course are carefully selected to ensure a mix of industry sectors, gender, age, geographic location and leadership experience to maximise the ‘melting pot’ of participants.
- Referees will be contacted in some cases to gain more understanding of motivation and fit for the programme.
- Successful applicants are advised of the outcome of their application at least two months prior to the start date of the programme applied for. On offer of place, acceptance will have to be received within 5 – 7 days to confirm place.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be notified after the offers have been made to successful applicants and all places are filled i.e. 5-7 days after offers have been made.
- Unsuccessful applicants who meet the entry criteria are recommended to reapply for a position on the next scheduled/preferred course and are usually given first consideration.
- Non acceptance of a place on the course applied for does not mean the individual is unsuitable or less suitable but may be due to the mix of applicants and number of applicants from the same sector.
Applications are now closed for the 2021 Kellogg courses below.
If you would like to apply for our 2022 Kellogg courses, please check out next year’s course dates below.
26 January – 7 July
22 June – 25 November
4 May – 21 October
Download our brochure to learn more about the Kellogg Programme.
To be considered you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have residency or can demonstrate long-term commitment to New Zealand
- Be over 25 years of age (discretion applied to outstanding applicants)
- Be working in or with the rural sector
- Preferably have at least 4 years of work experience ideally with some team leadership experience
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to developing leadership capability through leadership roles in work, community or industry
The course feel for the six month programme is $6,495.00 (excl gst).
The programme is kept to a minimum cost through the generous support of our industry partners who are investing in leadership development across the agri-food sector.
Rural Leaders are now registered with the NZTE business Capability Scheme. What does this mean if you’re applying for Kellogg? You may be eligible to receive funding assistance up to 50% of the Kellogg course fee.
Note: The course fee must be paid one month prior to the course commencement. An invoice is issued upon acceptance of place on the course. In special circumstances an alternative payment schedule may be agreed to.
A cancellation fee will apply once you have accepted a place on the programme.
Click here to view our Cancellation Policy.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to attend the residential phases in Lincoln and Wellington.
Dates are confirmed well in advance to enable early air bookings.
- Residentials are an important component of the group building activities and it is expected that all participants live and work together for the duration of these phases.
- This is in the Halls of Residence. Payment is invoiced with course fee or payable before each phase.
8 nights B&B @ $80 plus GST – $640
4 nights B&B @ $80 plus GST – $320
(Additional nights can be booked to meet travel requirements)
- This is booked at a medium level hotel at a special rate and can be single or twin share basis. The room rate is approximately $160 plus GST.
Not yet ready to apply?
Subscribe to our newsletter for upcoming course dates and programme news