If you have read about the scholarship, and meet the eligibility criteria listed below then we would welcome an application from you for 2019 or in the future.
Please note: the online form does not save part way through the process, so you need to complete in one sitting. Make sure you have a copy of your notes in case you need to start over or download a form to complete off line.
Applications for 2019 scholarships open on 1 June 2018 and close Sunday 19 August 2018.
To be considered you must:
• Be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent residency status.
• Be aged 30 to 45 years (with some discretion).
• Be actively engaged in farming, growing or food production.
• Commit to taking on leadership roles in the primary sector, business or rural community.
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand agri-food sector and/or be prepared to up skill before departure.
• Have proven experience in areas of either agriculture, horticulture, forestry, viticulture, aquaculture, seafood.
23 August – 3 September 2018
Applicants are contacted personally by phone for an initial discussion around their motivation for applying for Nuffield New Zealand Farming Scholarship programme.
5 September 2018
All applications who meet the criteria are considered, in confidence, by the Nuffield New Zealand Selection Panel (Trustees and Strategic Partners Representative) and a shortlist is agreed.
Face to face interviews are conducted during the first two weeks of October in Wellington or Christchurch . Candidates will be advised of their success within two days of the interview.
Early November in Wellington (partners invited).
Successful candidates attend the Nuffield New Zealand Awards Function at Parliament and an orientation programme
Early December 2018
An industry briefing and preparation workshop is held over two days in Wellington.