If you have read about the scholarship, and meet the eligibility criteria listed below then we would welcome an application from you for the 2022 Nuffield Scholarships.
To apply, please complete and submit the Registration Of Interest Form. This will take you directly to a page with a downloadable application form.
To be considered for a Nuffield Scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent residency status.
- Be aged 30 to 45 years (with some discretion).
- Be actively engaged in farming, growing or food production.
- Commit to taking on leadership roles in the primary sector, business or rural community.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand agri-food sector and/or be prepared to up skill before departure.
- Have proven experience in areas of either agriculture, horticulture, forestry, viticulture, aquaculture, seafood.
Applicants are contacted personally by phone for an initial discussion around their motivation for applying for Nuffield New Zealand Farming Scholarship programme.
All applications who meet the criteria are considered, in confidence, by the Nuffield New Zealand Selection Panel (Trustees and Strategic Partners Representative) and a shortlist is agreed.
Face to face interviews are conducted in Wellington. Candidates will be advised of their success within two days of the interview.
Successful candidates attend the Nuffield New Zealand Awards Function at Parliament and an orientation programme.
Partners are invited.
An industry briefing and preparation workshop is held over two days in Wellington.
The offical Scholarship programme commences with the Contemporary Scholars Conference in Queensland, Australia.