This report was written with the aim of finding out how we can communicate more effectively with our suppliers. By ‘we’ I mean Trevelyan’s Pack and Cool Ltd, a kiwifruit and avocado post harvest company based in Te Puke, with approximately 330 suppliers.
The research methods included
- a literature review
- an interview of four other primary industry based operations
- an online survey of our existing suppliers
- an interview of four existing suppliers
Key findings included
- A need for our company to revamp our website offering to growers
- A need to be concise with the information we provide
- High performing companies have a focus on reporting and payment of quality of product supplied, not only quantity of product supplied.
This report was compiled with the help of many different people from throughout primary industries within New Zealand.