Following the introduction of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) and a fatality on a kiwifruit orchard in 2016, the New Zealand Kiwifruit industry has begun a journey on improving health and safety practices on orchard. There has recently been a proliferation of software solutions to support on-orchard health and safety. This study aims to investigate the opportunities for using software solutions on kiwifruit orchards to improve health and safety.
- Develop case studies of short listed software solutions to increase awareness
- Commission a specific kiwifruit industry health and safety culture campaign
- Explore best of breed software solutions for all aspects of health and safety on orchards
- Investigate the development of a common data sharing platform for health and safety information
- Investigate opportunities to facilitate the enforcement of improved health and safety practices without fear of commercial implications